Friday, February 21, 2014

Time is Power


Have you ever thought about time? How much of time can we have in life? Recently, there is a series of startling numbers that really catch my eyes and make me give it a serious consideration.


Suppose if we can live up to 83 years old, 365 days a year, then you could have 30, 295 days for this life. If you are 20 years old, then you already lost 7,300 days. You only have 22, 995 days. Essentially, life is a subtracted journey. All the past will be gone forever. We all know “there is no regret remedy for all the past things”. Everyone only lives in this current moment. So, life is short. You may feel like it takes forever sometimes, but the reality is that you live, and then you die. It happens so quickly, many people don’t even realize they had a life until it is already over.



Time is power. We should not take it as granted. Here are several things we should stop doing. 


  • Stop procrastinating. I don’t feel like procrastinating right now – I will do it tomorrow. When you procrastinate, you remain stagnant. Whatever things you are putting off don’t go away; resolve the problems, and move on.
  • Stop wasting time. Time is the most valuable resource we have. Don’t waste your time on unproductive things.
  • Stop being lazy. Laziness is annoying. If I can’t do something as simple as going to a movie with you without wasting an hour to convince you to get your lazy butt out of bed, I would rather go alone. We all have enough trouble motivating ourselves; please don’t make your friends and family waste their valuable energy motivating you as well.
  • Stop doubting yourself. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody will. Success starts in your mind, and if all you are doing is putting yourself down and predicting failure, it will become a failure-fulfilling prophecy. Instead of doubting yourself, think positively. Not only will you be happier and more successful, you will spread it to everyone around you.  

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, very eye-opening post about the short time we have here in this world. And good tips for how to make the most of your time. I can be a procrastinator, but after reading this I'm going to try and stop procrastinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 83 years...In Ukraine almost nobody lives that long. So sad to realise that we are waisting our precious time for fights with ignorant people. Need to start thinking positively from now on))) Thank you for a good advice my dear friend :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so bad for procrastinating. Probably my fatal flaw if I had to list one. I can also be my own worst enemy. I like the points you make in your post!
    I'm definitely going to take them to heart and try to kick the procrastinating habit of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys, hope this post is helpful in anyways. We are human beings, procrastination is one of the common weaknesses everyone may encounter, but it really should be avoided in our habit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these are a lot of bad habits that are hard to get rid of. This is a motivating blog post and I really enjoyed reading it. Time really is power. If we can learn to avoid procrastinating and being lazy, the amount of productiveness would increase immensely for some of us. Today is one of those days where I am trying to use my time wisely - but somehow things do not always turn out accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, you started to worry me at the beginning of those post. It seemed very negative to talk about what little time we have left. But then you went on to say things like, "stop procrastinating" and "stop being lazy", which made me realize that there's a positive message hidden underneath.

    Your list of 'what not to do' is a good jump-off point to make people aware of everything we take for granted. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to join the procrastinating bandwagon here! This is definitely one of my flaws and an area where I need to focus more energy on. I believe the reason why I procrastinate so much is because I pay too much attention to detail which ends up me wasting valuable time. The number(s) you provide in your post are a little scary but a great eye opener - which is exactly what people need!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with your thoughts here. Time is very valuable, especially as sometimes it seems there isn't enough in one day! I have learned to beat procrastination by following your advice exactly, and addressing assignments/tasks immediately as they are presented to me. Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really intriguing post, Jenny! Procrastinating is definitely something I struggle with and always have - I told myself I was going to do all my big essays during reading week and got nothing done. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I am certainly guilty of procrastinating and forgetting to live for the moment. I think it's important to remember that time truly is of the essence in order for us to make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to make me feel guilty for procrastinating on commenting!

    Just kidding; this is a great blog, Jenny. Keep it up!

    -J-

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post was deep and insightful.
    I really enjoyed the read.
    Maybe I'll change my procrastinating ways...tomorow

    ReplyDelete