Friday, February 07, 2014

Find YOUR Spotlight

Since we were toddlers, we have been told that everyone is God’s baby. We are endowed with different talents and potentials. Each person has his or her own character. Sometimes, you are astounded why he/she thinks or behaves that way or likes that particular thing, because we are unique. Have you ever bewildered why Barack Obama has extraordinary eloquence, why Winston Churchill was such a marvelous politician, the substantial answer is they found their strengths and talents in their expertise arena. They knew clearly where their spotlight is. Nobody was born with perfection and can not be good at everything. So, do not feel downcast, do not lose confidence, you are not a loser, the only thing you need to do is go to find your own intrinsic gift.

Just as George Lucas said “Everybody has talent; it's just a matter of moving around until you've discovered what it is.” We all have a talent to offer the world! The main obstacle is actually identifying them. So start searching, think big, go back to your past, ask yourself questions and ask other people. Trusted family members and friends are usually a good source as they will support you in your search and hopefully be honest and realistic! They may have seen skills or talents in you that you have never considered an asset. Or, you could use meditation to calm down. Go to find a beautiful and tranquil place, contemplate deeply to your soul, and ask yourself these essential questions such as what is my passion, where I should go, who I want to be in my future, what I like to do. Then, you will be amazed things will work out in the end.

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, I love your blog, it's very inspiring.
    I discovered recently that I really have no idea what exactly my talent is between school and work, but I like the quote you posted. “Everybody has talent; it's just a matter of moving around until you've discovered what it is." .... so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always subscribed to the idea that everyone has their own special talent, to offer to the world and we all compliment one another. Everyone has a story to tell, you just haven\t heard everyone elses yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect post to read at this time in our lives. The transition between school and work is a hard one and so many people will benefit from these inspiring words. I know, I'll remember them. Thanks, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete